Labor Day weekend is just hitting its stride, so where are you off to today?
In view for this Sunday in Los Angeles, you’ll find a block party in West Adams, Booptown at Boomtown Brewery, Americana in Park in Santa Monica, the 2023 finale of the Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles concert series, and more.
Make Metro Part of Your Weekend
Booptown is a monthly afternoon social and pet adoption event where guests can buy a beer from Boomtown’s ample selection and maybe (just maybe!) find a new best friend in the process. Reps/animals from Best Friends Animal Society, Homeless To Forever Foundation, Itchy’s Rescue, and LA Animal Services will all be in attendance, along with food trucks and special vendors. Runs 1 to 5 p.m. this Sunday. Free to attend. More info here.
Go Metro: Take the A or E Lines to Little Tokyo Station.
Three Top Picks To Do This Sunday
M = Less than .5 miles from an L.A. Metro Station, FA = Free Admission
West Adams Block Party – FA > On Sunday, The West Adams Block Party makes its highly anticipated return this year, uniting the community for a day of entertainment and fun. This free community fest boasts live musical performances, art installations, local businesses, food trucks and a Kid’s Zone. Delicious Pizza will also relaunch their Boomyard Party with a huge line lineup of artists including Arrested Development, D Smoke, Soulection & Friends, and numerous other exciting acts including a surprise appearance from a Hip Hop Legend. More info here.
Americana at the Park – M FA > Santa Monica’s Americana in the Park series is back for the whole month of September, offering free concerts on Sundays at Gandara Park. Starting things out, alt-country rockers Dead Rock West headline the September 3 event, with on-site food trucks to include Drizzle Funnel Cakes, Messi Burgers, and Salt n Pepper. McCabe’s Guitar will host a special pop-up show too! Each date runs 4 to 7 p.m., and is free to attend. More info here.
Labor Day celebration at Desert 5 Spot -> Join the Labor Day celebration at Desert 5 Spot in Hollywood with “Swimsuits & Cowboy Boots” on Sunday, September 3rd. Explore goods at the Trading Post by Jada & Jon, savor delicious treats at the Cowboy Cookout, and sing along to your favorite country tunes during Cowboy Karaoke. Starts at 2 p.m. More info here.
Six More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- The 20th installment of the West Adams Jazz Festival is back for another Labor Day weekend (Friday to Sunday) event all centered near the intersection of 7th Ave and Adams Blvd.
- The Malibu Chili Cook-Off takes place all holiday weekend (September 1-4) and features local restaurants, businesses, artisans, DJs, a beer and wine lounge and, of course, chili.
- This Thursday to Sunday, The Broad Humor Film Festival returns with a four-day event featuring a packed slate of comedic shorts, features and web series–all created by women.
- The 2023 season of ISC’s Shakespeare in The Park comes to a conclusion this week, capping off 2-month run with nightly performances of A Midsummer Night’s Dream through Sunday at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park. FA
- Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles closes out their 2023 season on Sunday with Beatriz Solis, Nancy Sanchez y Las Chorizeras, and Eisner Intergenerational Orchestra from the Heart of Los Angeles. M FA
- The Pasadena City College Flea Market pops up on the first Sunday of every month. FA
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!